Thursday, 30 July 2009

Craftwork


This week cult style blogger Susie Bubble (also my editor at Dazed Digital) has picked out some of the best products from London museum and gallery giftshops- including Louise Bourgeois embroidered pillowcases from the Tate.(modelled above by Giselle). They are £24.47. Now in the spirit of all the current crafty trends, I have been making these pillows myself for friends and family- modelled below by my sister Phi.(who's currently in London work- shadowing me: we spent yesterday morning rifling through the stock at Vintage Secret for pieces Dazed and Confused had asked to borrow for their November issue shoot!)Like?Times are tough, so I would happily take a tenner/meal/ couple of drinks as payment....

If you're feeling creative, head to the Aloysius social centre for Craftwerk's indie art fair this Saturday, 1-5pm- expect an ice cream van of treats from Tatty Devine (though I'm still bitter about not winning anything on their fishing stall at the V&A village fete),a fully stocked bar, raffles, cakes, affordable handmade goodies from knitted cushions, an excellent array of jewellery, screenprinted shirts and bags, knitted toys, fantastic stationary items and swag bags for the first 50 attendees.
Let me also direct you to 100 wishes- one of new favourite craftsy sites- check out the cup cake cuffs;(fashion for cakes- wht next?!) top of my list of truly unnecessary things that would make me stupidly happy.Will try and make my own and let you know how it goes...







1 comment:

anjali said...

Birmingham Web Design
Birmingham web designing is a Birmingham based blog which has been designed by Suhanasoft, and Indian web Design Company. The company provides website design, web development and search Engine Optimization services at affordable prices. Our creative design and developing secure website has made us popular among our clients. We have developed several websites from demark.

Related Posts with Thumbnails