Thursday, 10 December 2009

New(ish) Mags!


God knows I'm the sort of person that online magazines are aimed at- as much as I love buying hard copy to flick through at my leisure, sharing a small flat with my man means that the piles of glossies I regularly accumulate are a source of much contention. So the more I can read online, the better- for the earth and trees too, of course. My new fave is Chew, who've just launched their RED issue- some really amazing photoshoots, super theatrical make-up- I really love the Indian shoot .
Another mag thats just finding its Web 2.0 feet is CellarDoor- the websites under construction but you can still read the first two copies here, including the Winter Wonderland issue.

Two other newbies which will have me buying the real life magazines are Station and Twin. Station had the launch of their second issue at new venue The Book Club this week.Look out for their next issue launching at London Fashion Week next year.

Twin is a bi-annual bookish mag available at glam stores like Liberty, John Rocha, Noone, Claire de Rouen, B-store and Beyond the Valley. Read their blog here- contributors include editor Francesca Gavin of Elle and Dazed fame. First issue Twin also features Miranda July- one of my favourite artists/writers/film-makers- if you haven't see Me and You and Everyone we know- DO!But do you know the secret password to her website?Genius.

Ooh- just remembered that I forgot to post a link on here to my Guardian piece from last weekend- read about my reading holiday here.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails