Saturday, 9 January 2010

Ones that got away!


Yesterday I was lucky enough to get a behind the scenes taster of Gabby Young's music video for her next single ' Ones that got away'. Filmed in the stunning ex giraffe- house (!)
at 1 Park Village East, the video is a riot of colour, with Gabby wearing a dress that perfectly complemented her butterfly- filled hair. Check out her amazing multi-coloured manicure!


Of course the reality of filming is always a lot less glamour, a lot more keeping warm whilst wearing nothing but a very thin dress you're not allowed to sit down in and a whopping great pair of Balenciaga heels, but Gabby was still smiling when I left!She was in the very capable hands of director Stephen Bell, and stylist Jakob Brondum, who expertly tackled a dress that didn't want to stay up- which could have made for an altogether different sort of video!


Jakob and Dress vs Gravity....



Doing her make-up and hair was Jennifer Nash ( assisted by Hannah Esaias) who has created amazing looks for Gabby in the past, like this orchid face-tattoo which is one of my faves

























I'll leave you with this image of Gabby trying to achieve just the right amount of wind..harder than it sounds!!!

3 comments:

Nutmeg said...

Love the butterflies!
Also, this is the exact shade of red that I want my hair to be, but whatever dye I use it always comes out too dark. I'm tempted to take some of these photos into a salon.

Plinth said...

Maybe you have to have lighter hair to start out with- so you may have to bleach your hair first, THEN dye it the shade of red you want...?

Nutmeg said...

You're probably right. I don't think I'd have the guts to try that myself at home though. Definitely a salon job!

Related Posts with Thumbnails