Sunday, 24 January 2010

A Tweedy, Tarty time indeed.


Friday night Naomi and I jumped on a bus in London and headed to the Tweed party, hosted by The White Blackbird at Stoke Place. We were running a Vintage Secret dressing up room which was a complete success- so many happy customers; you can see more pics of people dressing up on the VS blog here. But I' ve included a couple of pics here- the one below is the amazing staircase at Stoke Place; I love how they've decorated the wall with antique frames.
























The whole hotel was a sea of beautiful candles, fireplaces and exquisite wallpaper- you know I have a thing for wallpaper; above is the dining room.

And here's a picture I took of Naomi in all her tweed:


We taxied back to the city in the wee hours, ready to run another Tart event at 40 Winks. It was the first event where Benefit were doing the make-up and selling their gorgeous products, I want them all!!!There were also stunning dresses from Merchant Archive, and some of the most amazing headpieces by Uma Turan.






Rachel Rose Reid (curator of the Bedtime Story nights at 40 winks) also gave a Hendrick's gin cocktail making masterclass, with delicious results. Katie Halford of What Katie Did lingerie talked us through the glamour of stockings whilst Fleur de Guerre gave talks on 1940s beauty.As usual with VS stuff- more pics on the blog.



If you fancy going to vintage events like this, check out our events page and the piece I wrote on forthcoming dates for my guest-post on the LoveMyDress blog.

And one last thing- please, please vote for me in the blog award I've been nominated for- the Vintage Secret blog is also nominated in the fashion category. I really appreciate it!

1 comment:

Top Bird @ Wee Birdy said...

Looks amazing - what a wonderful tweedy night out. xx

Related Posts with Thumbnails