Thursday, 25 February 2010

LFW highlights



Last LFW post I promise; just wanted to post some pics of my favourite outfits- all my other pictures have been my own, but these I've taken from the Showstudio site, which kept me up to date on all the stuff I missed/wasn't invited to/couldn't be arsed to attend.First though, did anyone manage to pick up a copy of Station magazine whilst out and about? An interview I did with The Correspondents is in there, but haven't managed to get my hands on a copy yet.
Now; back to business.Stuff I liked:

Mark Fast- not just cos of the normal size ladies, but also have a genuine love of knitwear.

Erdem; really like the vintage lacey texture and waisted silhouette, as well as muted autumnal shades.





Just too cute outfit from Mulberry, though pains me to look at that model's thighs- I just wanna feed her a big pie!


Gorgeous sexpot of a dress from Julien Macdonald

Love the theatrics of the Topshop Unique show- also have a die-hard love affair with chunky knits, even though I have come to terms with the fact that they make me look like an obese sheep.

Christopher Kane was a pleasant surprise with his fairly conventional floral embroidery; I'd not been a big fan of his futuristic stuff, but this I'm much more comfortable with.



My hands down favourite designer, however, was Mary Katrantzou- LOVE LOVE LOVE. Have an ongoing obsession with prints, both vintage and new, and these are some absolute stunners; so intricate and detailed, plus the ruffled number below has a touch of Luella about it, whose absence was very much felt at LFW.




Finally, for a real pull out all the stops, fashion at its most fascinating affair, check out the pics from Ziad Ghanem's 'Lucy in the sky with Diamonds'; photos by Chris Moore.AMAZY.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails