Wednesday, 26 May 2010

William Vintage Sale


Yesterday William Banks-Blaney held one of his famous sales, and it certainly didn't disappoint. I was blown away by his collection, which featured more than a few museum-worthy pieces, including this stunning Dior gown and beaded bolero which wouldn't look out of place in the Grace Kelly exhibit at the V&A!


Other classic gems included an Herve Leger bandage dress and an Azzedine Alaia playsuit as well as a stunning Hardy Amies ensemble (black and white print coat and dress below) and a number of original Ossie Clark crepe dresses.


There were even pieces by one of my all time favourite designers, Madam Gres; if you don't know her, have a look at her style here. This Jean Desses dress was probably my favourite, its everything I love about vintage- its delicate with an antique feel yet also totally timeless; this wouldn't have looked out of place on the SATC red carpet!



Some more classics: Beaded Dior:



Spectacularly avant garde Jean-Paul Gaultier-check out the sleeves!
You can read my interview with William on Bitchbuzz. And don't worry, I'll keep you posted on when the next sale is!
On another note, I'd like to share a little pic of me with the stunning Balenciaga bag the wonderful ladies at Kennedy Purple lent me. As beautiful as it is; I don't think I could ever bring myself to spend £800 on a bag, even if I had that sort of money. I would, however, spend £35 to borrow a designer bag for a week-for a special event or just as a treat. This is where Kennedy Purple come in-have a look at their great range of designer bags and accessories here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've been there too yesterday and was mesmerised by the collection! One piece is hanging in my wardrobe now....guilty pleasure! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails