Tuesday, 14 September 2010

Pulling out all the stops



So I've noticed a trend recently; don't know whether its a last ditch attempt to get us spending again, but designer companies seem to be resorting to decidedly underhand methods of advertising. I present as evidence; the new Juicy Couture ad.Would you like a bunny with your handbag, ma'am?And they aren't the only designer hitting below the belt; Marc Jacobs, Stella McCartney and Bulgari have all been bringing out the Cute in well aimed advertorial blows to our weak spot.

Now I'm no subscriber to the Daily Bunny , but I'm definitely still more likely to look twice at an ad if there's something cute and furry involved. Is it an insult to our intelligence or just clever marketing?Are we going to buy expensive, smelly stuff just cos its pictured with a kitten sitting in sniffing distance?Or is it a post feminist movement celebrating the fact that we're not ashamed to indulge our cutesy side anymore?You decide.




Um, this last pic is of a hen sitting on a puppy.It is entirely irrelevant as its not a fashion ad, but I found it when googling images and it made my day.

2 comments:

Liv Lundelius said...

omg....
that's weird. all this baby animals in fashion ads...
when I am stressed out I do like to look at puppies though, dogs just make me happy.
but a bit of a cheap way to sell clothes, huh?

Ann O'Dyne said...

I found my way here by searching for Leonor Fini portraits with her cats, and love this chicken thank you.

and the WV is 'ovelid'

Related Posts with Thumbnails