Sunday, 3 October 2010

To Dos

Hope you're all having a lovely Sunday evening- I've got a crazy busy week ahead of me so thought I should let you all know the best places to be and things to do this week right now while its still technically the weekend.


First up is Flashier and Trashier, an exhibition in the St Pancras church crypt. This pencil stubbs necklace is one of the gems I saw when I visited artist and curator Sue Krietzman's house recently; the re-using theme is central to this show, which asks;

“What Hidden Powers Are Bestowed Upon Objects That - Like Souls Damaged – are Discarded, Abandoned, and Forgotten?”

Marvel at an extravaganza of all things kitsch and enjoy memories and reconstructions of Old Fashioned Circus Side Shows at the opening night on Wednesday 6th with street entertainers and performance art from 6:30 – 9:00.



 My friends over at The Print Club London have opened up their own pop-up store on Brick Lane; they've even screenprinted their own wallpaper! Head down there to grab yourself some affordable artwork, or come say hi at the opening party on Thursday evening; I'll be there.



And I can't really say it better than this flyer does; if you make stuff then you NEED to be here; the knitting and stitching party aftershow hosted by the Perri Lewis, Guardian craft writer and all round lovely lady.

Here are some other gems I've come across on the wonderful world of the web this week;




1 comment:

Kelly-marie said...

I'm so pleased you are spreading the Wendy Bevan love. Thanks for the link :) x

Related Posts with Thumbnails