Wednesday, 8 December 2010

A Lovely London Weekend


This weekend I spent two days flitting between cafes, shops, events and other London shenanigans.Weekends like this make me realise what a great city I live in, I honestly do feel very lucky.
On Saturday I got to meet one of my favourite stylists, 'Mrs Jones' at 'Sort Yourself Out Love', a brilliant get together of creatives selling fashion and artwork, and helping tired Londoners sort themselves out with great clothes and make-overs. Spindle magazine, a Brighton based publication, were also there; I really like their style-they even interviewed Jesca Hoop, one of my total faves. Here is just a taster of Fee's emporium; you can see more on her blog here.






These incredible bodysuits are by the evidently very talented designer Lizzie Burns who also works with Mrs Jones. Below is some of the very cool artwork that was for sale; I didn't get the name of the artist though;my bad.


Later on I popped to My Sugarland where they are really getting in the festive spirit- you can fill out little wishlists to give to Santa, or even request a special offer styling session with celebrity stylist Zoe Lem worth £200, on offer at the moment for £35, which includes £25 off any purchase from the shop. I'd spend mine on these oversized headbands, or any of their Elizabeth Lau stock, or if I could fit into it, this extra Christmassy, green velvet vintage number.

Head down to My Sugarland for their Christmas fayre, tomorrow evening:



Finally, on Sunday I headed to Bake-a-Boo for their 'Walking in a Vintage Wonderland' event. The shop looked magical, and the food was some of the best Christmas confectionary I've ever had. Not a mince pie in sight, all the recipes were original takes on traditional classics- so there were mince-pie cupcakes, amazing apple and cinnamon squares and christmas pudding chocolate cakes- you can see them better-in fact you can see everything better in this little video, including Laura's fabulous Love Miss Daisy vintage stock.





No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails