Saturday, 1 January 2011

2010 round-up

Happy new Year everyone! I was a bit wary of writing a blog post about everything I've achieved in 2010 as that sort of thing can seem a tad self-indulgent, but then I remembered that I DID originally start my blog in order to keep track of what I've been up to, so it makes sense to have a look back at the last year. There are also a lot of people I've had the pleasure of working with this year whom I should mention. So bear with me whilst I reflect on 2010- a million thanks to you all for all your lovely comments, please join me for 2011, I hope its marvellous for us all!

Firstly, Gabby Young and I have had the pleasure of working with many amazingly talented and generous designers this year. Here are just a few of the highlights:


Wearing Kumiko Tani in Japan


Wearing Elizabeth Lau at her pop-up shop on Ganton street



This was also the year that Gabberdashery was born- culminating in the wonderful wall we did with Supermarket Sarah. We launched with a small collective of artists and designers at The Vauxhall Art Car Boot Fair and later in the summer we had our own little shop at Standon Calling. 

Rosa Bloom, me and Gabby at the art car boot fair.

Gabby and I are pictured wearing our name badges made by Love from Hetty and Dave.Other amazing contributors who've supported us include Merrimaking Hoods, Hatastic, Creme Nouveau, Rosa Bloom, Tinsel Edwards, Twinkle Troughton, Dot your teas, Alice Gabb and Her Curious Nature. A mention in the Financial Times finished a fabulous year for us. In-store gigs for Gabby at the first Sketchbook Magazine pop-up shop, the Illamasqua flagship store and Elizabeth Lau's pop up shop, as well as sponsorship from Tabio tights have made being a stylist super easy!


I've also had fun doing some creative dressmaking of my own, upcycling this vintage wedding dress.Much more of that this year, I hope!


I had the pleasure of meeting Debra and Adriana of Young British Designers- who got me front row seats for the fabulous Jena Theo show at London Fashion Week. 


This last London Fashion Week was the first I have really enjoyed, largely because it felt like a big reunion bumping into some of the lovely bloggers I've met this year, pictured here are I want you to know, Fashion Dreamer, Natasha Bailie and Alex Loves. I've hung out with these and other lovely lovely people at some most fashionable venues; My Sugarland, Wolf and Badger, on the Hendrick's carriage, at Vintage at Goodwood and Bake-a-Boo, to name just a few. I also got to wear some lovely outfits lent to me by Rebecca of Juno Says Hello- news on her next sale coming soon.



I styled Natasha Bailie, Lena Weber, Laura Kate Bradley and Naomi Thompson for a shoot for The Sunday Times Style earlier in the year, shot by the fabulous Julia Boggio. You can see more pics here on my website- one of the things I really wanted to achieve this year and which I have, thanks to my wonderful boyfriend and the hugely talented Tinsel Edwards and Twinkle Troughton.




I styled and shot another mini shoot on holiday in a chateau in the south of France which was great fun.





Earlier this year I co-curated and did the PR for the genius pop up Parlour from Mien Magazine- hopefully more from us next year!



Having learned to screenprint earlier this year with the Run Riot team, last month I had the pleasure of introducing Gisele Scanlon to The Print Club London where she created this stunning Goddess Guide screenprint, still available to buy here.



There are so many people I've worked with this year that I should mention; Cellardoor Magazine, WilliamVintage, Amelia's magazine, Bitchbuzz, Corina Corina, Beautiful Soul, The Hendricks Gin team, Amnesty International, Cherry SorbetPerri Lewis and everyone who contributed to my Christmas Gift Guides. Thankyou all so much- its been an absolute pleasure. Hope to see lots more of you this year! Follow me on Twitter, Flickr and Pinterest to see what I'm up to. xxx

7 comments:

Dana Gornitzki said...

Lovely post, thank you for including the Parlour and MIEN Magazine. Such a pleasure to work with you, and here's to much more in 2011 and beyond!
xx

Miss Tami Lee said...

Looks like you had a very great year!

Style Souk said...

*Weeps quietly*

I achieved little more this year than:

1. Travelling to work
2. Travelling home from work
3. Sleep

Congratulations on your many accomplishments, lovely Katie, and may there be many more to come in 2011!

Sarah x

http://stylesouk.wordpress.com

Fashion Limbo said...

you have done some really lovely things so congratulations on all of those achievements!!!

Plinth said...

Thanks so much for all your kind comments!

Holly Springett said...

Sounds like an incredible year Katie, hoping 2011 is fabulous and full of equally exciting projects!

Natasha Bailie said...

I love your face! So glad you are in my life x

Related Posts with Thumbnails