Friday, 11 March 2011

Guts for Garters

Alex of 'Alex Loves' recently told me about a shop/gallery venture she'd just been to preview, swearing that it was totally my cup of tea and that I had to check it out. She knows me too well.


Last night I went to the launch of said project, 'Guts for Garters' the brainchild of  Rachel Chudley and Cassie Beadle, and I couldn't have loved it more. An eclectic mix of vintage clothing, curiosities, vintage-inspired jewellery, ironic artwork and a fantastically dressed crowd meant I was in my element. The whole project pops up for 6 weeks at a time, before closing and reopening with a new theme. This time they were cashing in on the Royal Wedding, with 'The Royal We', their inaugural collection, featuring lots of real and faux memorabilia, from printed wallpaper to customised crockery. Cassie is pictured above in a stunning peacock feather costume, with a particularly dedicated guest, whose name IS ACTUALLY ELIZABETH!The whole thing was brought to a spectacular finish by Agent Lynch doing her Kate Middleton 'White Wedding' burlesque performance.Unmissable.


Here is Rachel in a stunning vintage 50s dress.






Beautiful jewellery from Yorkshire Pearl


Porcelain Macaroons by Rachel




Agent Lynch- pre Kate Middleton routine.


More fantastically dressed guests with crowns fashioned from plaits, and pearly-queen get-ups.


Agent Lynch as Kate Middleton (p.s her name IS ACTUALLY KATE!)

























2 comments:

Swell Vintage - Frankie said...

Wow, that looks AMAZING! I'll definitely have to swing by x

Ressy said...

this looks interesting...will try to drop by when I have the time...best moisturiser,
best facial moisturizer,
dry skin lotion

Related Posts with Thumbnails