Saturday, 14 May 2011

One Vintage


Earlier this week I went to the launch of D&Me, a great new Chelsea boutique stocking some lovely labels, as well as its own in-house vintage brand, One Vintage.Sound familiar?You may have spotted some of the One gems on Net a Porter, though they never stay on the site for very long, as each is a completely unique, reworked vintage piece; sometimes very close to their original condition, other times transformed with additions of carefully sourced fabrics and embellishments.


The One Vintage showroom is upstairs, where Marcelle Symons and her team of seamstresses craft the collection. I was in absolute vintage heaven- all my favourite styles were hidden away in this Aladdin's cave of delights; delicate lace,antique corsets, victorian jackets,wedding dresses, feather boas and diamante showgirl headpieces.I could have spent hours there. Here are pictures of some of my favourite finds, though these photos really don't do the pieces justice.Do go along and explore- its like the most luxurious dressing up box you could imagine!











4 comments:

Jo Gifford (Dexterous Diva) said...

Total treasure trove! Amazing pics xx

Frankie said...

Looks like paradise! Can I move in? x

Amanda said...

Great photos - and lovely to see one of my boudoir dolls! Amanda x

martha said...

Thank you for the photos !
I've spotted these pieces on NAP as well, and now I've discovered their official website too.
I think anyone should invest in an one-off piece. I really see no point in spending a huge ammount of money on a Chanel bag that isn't unique at all and you are most likely to see someone else wear it sooner or later. But THIS, now this is absolutely brilliant! I'm keeping my eye on D&ME ! I am in love with their pieces

Related Posts with Thumbnails