Monday, 20 June 2011

Opinionated Objects at Debut Contemporary-Tinsel and Twinkle need YOU!


It's with great pleasure that I dedicate another post to my two favourite artists, Tinsel Edwards and Twinkle Troughton. I've worked with Tins and Twink since the very start of my career, writing my first piece for Dazed Digital about Tinsel's work. You can see their influence in all areas of my work; from the gorgeous website they designed for me to Twinkle's masterpiece that heads up this blog and the pieces they've both made for projects like Gabberdashery.

Its been wonderful watching their styles evolve-Tins and Twink have known each other since they were 9 years old, and their art tends to have some similarities such as a pre-occupation with history and an examination of British identity.They both often turn to typography to narrate their images or include historical quotes, as with Twinkle's series of paintings featuring Queen Victoria,like the one below. Tinsel has been using found objects to paint her slogans on, like the wooden boards above and the jewellery box below.




And now, on Saturday 30th July you can witness Tinsel and Twinkle transform your own 'unwanted' object into a work of art at Debut Contemporary in exchange for a donation to the Ubuntu Education Fund. Tell Tins and Twink your hopes and dreams for the future, for our planet, for yourself and they'll translate these ideas into text on your object. The pair will be painting in the gallery window from 11am to 5pm; to arrange for your object to be painted email opinionatedart@hotmail.co.uk to guarantee a place, as otherwise it will be on a first come, first served basis. 


I'm actually away this weekend so won't be there myself, but please go along in my place if you can to support these hugely talented ladies.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails