Wednesday, 6 July 2011

London Retro


Last night I went along to the launch of a new glasses label- London Retro.Years of spending too much time looking at a computer screen has left me pretty short sighted, so I wear glasses at home when I'm working, but generally wear contacts when I'm out and about.This is largely because I don't really like how I look in my glasses, and I certainly don't feel very 'fashion' in them. So I was thrilled to be invited to the launch of this new brand whose look is a brilliant mix of vintage inspiration and modern quirkiness- which is why the names of the frames are so appropriate- styles like Shoreditch, Fitzrovia and Soho are inspired by the characteristic looks of different parts of London. We were very generously gifted with a pair by London Retro- I don't often post pictures of myself here but I promise to do so as soon as I receive my pair of glasses as I actually really love how they look, whereas I hated having my picture taken in my old pair. You can order London Retro glasses through Glasses Direct, who are currently doing a 2 for 1 deal which means you can get two gorgeous pairs of glasses for less than the price of one from somewhere on the highstreet. I've been buying my glasses online for years now as the main high street glasses stores are such a rip off.



This picture is of me, Gabby Young (in the Chinese hat), Lizzy(blonde) of ScientistChic and Frankie(in the flatcap) from Swell Vintage in the photobooth at the launch.Below are the pairs I've ordered- Soho and Fitzrovia.


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails