Tuesday, 22 November 2011

Skating around the Christmas Tree


Earlier this year I did some work for the marketing agency for Tiffany and Co's Skate at Somerset House, so I got to go to the pre-opening skating day on Sunday and invited some bloggers along too. We understandably weren't allowed to take our cameras on the ice, so here are some very amateur shots I took on my phone!


Carrie and Lucy did a great little photoshoot off the ice which you can see on Carie's blog here. 


Lucy's fantastic Minnie mouse shorts!



As an unexpected treat, I also got invited to the Tiffany VIP launch party last night-there were fantastic performances by skaters on the ice, brilliant live music from Emeli Sande, gorgeous food and drink and plenty of celebs.I took along one of my most glamorous friends who got stopped by the Vogue.com team as soon as we arrived; we had our outfits photographed and talked through what we were wearing so I'll let you know if it gets featured on the site-that would make my year!

Here I am in the Tiffany tuck shop about to scoff down a cupcake.

Coincidentally, the lovely folk at Howkapow have just started stocking some fabulous ice skating jewellery- this is called the Katie necklace! Though sadly I don't look much like this when I'm skating-I like to keep both my feet firmly on the ice...
Book tickets to skate at Somerset House here.

STOP PRESS: I DID make it onto Vogue.com! Whoop!Check me out here. You can barely see what I'm wearing as its a black coat and the night is pretty black!Still beyond happy,which I know isn't cool.Will make effort to be more nonchalant now.





2 comments:

Lucy said...

Hahaha Katie this is amazing! Thanks for linking us! I'm so jealz of the VIP night! Looks sooo good, I would adore seeing proffesh skaters right before me - Looks amazing! Fingers Crossed for Vogue.com :P xxx

Love Bakery said...

Looks so amazing. Definitely going to pay a visit! Love Sam x

Related Posts with Thumbnails