Tuesday, 21 February 2012

London Fashion Week A/W 2012 Overview

Trying to cover London Fashion Week at the same time as having a normal job can be a bit of a challenge- I hope I'm going to get the chance to do some more in depth blog posts on the trends I saw emerging at both the shows I managed to go to and those I missed, but in the meantime I thought I'd just post some of my best pics so far. You can see all my LFW images over on facebook.
Corrie Nielson- a designer I hugely regretted missing last year- lived up to all my expectations. Amazing tailoring and gorgeous mix of textures.


Orla Kiely's presentation was the sweetest tea dance-complete with models dancing with their partners in front of a live band as we indulged in tea and cake. Perfectly on brand. More pics to come- I was using a lomography camera too so I'll do a dedicated post when I get those shots developed.

I really liked the statement neckpieces at Bernard Chandran

Fam Irvoll finished her show with a few children's outfits-if only this came in adults' size!

Fam for grown-ups.

Prophetik's theme was 'courtly love' 


Ashley Isham showed in a new space near st Paul's- absolutely stunning location and equally spectacular collection-lots of lace and embellishment.

Jeffrey Michael was showing for the first time this LFW- his feathered pieces are just gorgeous, and his use of alternative materials (see below)is great fun and totally Gaga-friendly.


Inbar Spector's collection was all shimmer and tulle, with stunning facepieces by Lara Jensen.




And for those of you that like to see pictures of famouses:

Mr Hudson in front of me at Bernard Chandran

Shingai from The Noisettes with Inbar after her show 

Gabby Young with America's Next Top Model Toccara

Gabby again with Bishi and Amber from the Broken Hearts. I have SUCH dull hair :(


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails