Thursday, 1 March 2012

London Fashion Week A/W 2012 Trends- Print: Orla Kiely


Orla Kiely truly spoilt us this LFW with her wonderful presentation/installation. Models were whisked off their feet by handsome young men, taking to the dance floor to the tunes of a live band whilst we looked on from tables with tea and cake. Nostalgic prints graced both the clothes, the wallpaper and the beautiful lamps, as well as beautiful, mismatched vintage crockery that tea was served on. As Zoolander would say, prints are 'so hot right now' - I'll be posting on Mary Katrantzou et al imminently. 
The handbags all went straight on my wishlist, as well as one particular dress that has black stripes and a big black velvet bow-you can see it below in my lomography pictures which came out a bit dark, I'm afraid.



I loved the fact that you got to see models actually chatting to each other, sipping tea, sitting down, SMILING and generally looking human!So refreshing! 
Other details I really liked in the styling included the lovely sparkly Tabio socks, t-bar shoes, sequinned collars, sleek ponytails and dark red lipstick and nails.


Gabby Young and I spent a good hour sitting and watching the show, listening to the band and indulging in the delicious spread laid out for tea!

I felt sorry for the models who were carrying handbags as they didn't get to dance!









No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails