Friday, 2 March 2012

London Fashion Week A/W 2012 Trends: Print


Charlotte Taylor

So, I mentioned how big Prints are in my post on Orla Kiely-here are some more designers experimenting with all sorts of shapes,colours and patterns-such a lovely change as Autumn Winter collections can sometimes be a bit sombre and dull.Not this year!Charlotte Taylor continues to use animals as inspiration for her prints- I adore this owl dress, and am equally in love with the real owl used in her brilliant, moving image lookbook-check it out.

Erdem


Moschino

Moschino

Mary Katrantzou

Meadham Kirchoff

Ashish

Charlotte Taylor image from her lookbook, all other images from www.londonfashionweek.co.uk


Above are some more shots from my favourite print-heavy collections. If, like me, you don't have the figure to pull off lots of print (it doesn't tend to do us non-model types any favours) then you can still embrace the trend by wearing printed accessories-everything from scarves, to shoes, handbags and sunglasses come in print at the moment, so you won't feel left out.
If you do want to indulge in the trend but can't stretch to catwalk prices, then I'd really recommend Ted Baker. I got to see their new collection in the brilliant suite Handpicked Media ran for their bloggers at One Aldwych over LFW- it made life so much easier. Having somewhere to take your heels off for five minutes, re-charge your phone and grab a cup of coffee was bliss- and if you wanted to stay longer you could even crash on the bed in front of Mad Men! On the Monday The Ted Baker team came to visit, bringing with them their new collection and their beauty team-I didn't know Ted Baker had their own beauty salon?! I had my nails Shellac'd-a process my mum has been recommending to me for ages. You have your nails painted and then set under a special light, and they stay on for about 2 weeks- mine only just need removing now as they're starting to grow out-but no chips! Amazing!
Anyway-I was talking about their collection- it's perfect for a number of big trends at the moment, including 'Prints' and 'Princess'- some pieces even incorporate both, combined with that lovely vintage-inspired  tailoring that's so flattering.




From Ted Baker lookbook


We were given a great Ted Baker goodybag when we left- mine contained this gorgeous laptop case- I have needed one for ages and had been struggling to find anything I liked-so this was PERFECT. I love it. So thanks to the Ted Baker team, and especially to Handpicked Media for providing the suite for us-it was really lovely to get to meet some of the other bloggers in the HPM network too. As always, the best part of LFW for me is getting to catch up with all your online friends in peson, and meet people whose blog you follow, or have been chatting to on Twitter. Digital friendships and work relationships are great, but no amount of emails or social media can replace actually meeting someone in real life and having a good old natter.


3 comments:

Krista said...

Thanks for a lovely post Katie, happy to be a place of calm and cosy carpet to walk on with heels off!

Puriche said...

wow i love these prints!

blog.yipiii.co.uk/fashion/

Puriche said...

wow i love these prints!

blog.yipiii.co.uk/fashion/

Related Posts with Thumbnails