Saturday, 24 August 2013

Life (and death) drawing with Art Macabre for Time Out



I've been meaning to post a link to my latest article for a few weeks- you can still read it if you download the Time Out issue July 30th- August 5th for the ipad.
I had such a great time posing as Cleopatra for Art Macabre- below is a sketch Kate Shields did of me. There was a slightly iffy period where the editor sent me the initial layout and it included my nipples and everything. I had to explain that I'd definitely considered nipples to fall into the 'nothing explicit' description I'd specified- I had no intention of becoming the new Time Out page 3 girl! 
In case you missed the recent re-release of Cleopatra at the cinema, it's currently on Netflix. There was also a great show on BBC about the making of the film, plus of course the Helena Bonham Carter and Dominic West 'Burton and Taylor' TV movie. Now we just have to wait for the much rumoured Angelina Jolie remake of Cleopatra...?
I'm going to try and get better at posting what I'm up to in a more timely fashion- here are some pics from the midsummer ball I produced for Kensington Palace back in July. 
I'm having quite a quiet month during August which is nice- we've been out of town for a couple of weddings and countryside breaks as we're not having a proper summer holiday this year. It's just so great having had some proper summer weather in the UK for the first time in ages!

2 comments:

Scratch Map said...

Great art work. I loved the way you describe things. Awesome share. Can anyone help me? I am looking for a scratch map online store. I founded one www.scratchmap.org. But I need to know about others too. Thanks

Obat Herbal Penyempitan Pembuluh Darah said...

i like your information
very nice post

Related Posts with Thumbnails