Wednesday, 18 December 2013

Hackney Independents

Last week the wonderful Stoke Newington boutique Hub Shop published this little interview with me, alongside some photos of me wearing their gorgeous stuff. If ever there was proof that anyone can look good if you give them nice enough threads, this is it! I particularly loved the skirt I'm wearing, which is from Beth Graham, a label set up by Louise Power who also runs Hub. You can read an interview I did with her about her label and the Hackney Independents project here.
You can see what else I wore here.
Photographer Simon Wisbey shot me at the Run-Riot tube carriage-turned office above village Underground.
Now for something more informal- here's an instagram shot of me in a bear dress I borrowed from Lu Flux to DJ at the BUST Craftacular. That's right, A BEAR DRESS.
Here are some more pictures from Lu Flux's recent collection celebrating old fashioned techniques like patchwork and embroidery. I interviewed Lu for the BUST site- read it here.
In other news, I've posted the second half of my annual gift guide for Run-Riot- this one features singers Kate Nash, Josh Weller and Kim Boekbinder, performance artists Bryony Kimmings and Bourgeois & Maurice, model and Edible Bus Stop founder Mak Gilchrist and lots more fascinating folk. 

What are you hoping for this Christmas? I've asked my parents for a new camera which I'm excited about. Other than that I'd love a new handbag- the ones at Hub shop are made from divine, buttery soft leather, so Santa, if you're listening....

2 comments:

The Londoner said...

You look SO beautiful darling x

Katie said...

Bless you Rosie! I've finally managed to lose a fair bit of weight so there might be some more pics of me on here now!xxx

Related Posts with Thumbnails