Thursday, 5 December 2013

Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas


I know it's early to whip out the C word, but I need to alert you to some festive goings on that I'm involved in! Firstly, there's 'Have yourself a Merry Little Christmas'; a mini exhibition I'm curating celebrating the Victorian fascination with all things miniature. It opens tonight at Luna and Curious, there'll be festive treats plus carols from She Makes War- come along and join in! There'll be polaroids from the wonderful Wendy Bevan, miniature stationery from Alice Gabb, crystal worlds from Chantal Powell (pictured below), Victoriana from Jennie Sharman-Cox, tiny decorated animal skulls from Lauren Baker, vintage charms collected by me and Christmas tree decorations from Tinsel Edwards and Twinkle Troughton. Prices ranges from £10 to £295, so come and invest in some art for a really unique christmas present!
On Sunday I'll be DJing from midday at the BUST magazine Craftacular- which this year has a brilliant sustainable fashion area- I'm so looking forward to wearing one of Lu Flux's bear dresses for my set!
I also recently wrote a guest post for Nic of Archie and the Rug- which is about working with paper props and dresses for a shoot with Gabby Young- below. See the full post here.
Finally, I've started my annual gift guide series over on Run-Riot. Want to know what to buy the philosopher in your life? I've asked Alain de Botton. The model? I've asked Naomi Shimada. The sweet tooth? I've asked Angel Adoree. Plus many more! Part 2 is out next week and has some further recommendations and great photos of famous folk sitting on Santa's lap- e.g The Broken Hearts DJs below!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails